About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, October 15, 2010

Off to a bad start with a whah-whah poor me post.

There are times in blog land that I feel so inadequate that I want to erase my blogs, and quit crafting altogether. There is so much talent being shared that I in no way come close to, that rather than be inspired to try something new, which is the norm for me, I go the other way and want to throw in the towel, knowing I will never be that good. Create my own pattern, good enough to share? Not likely. At least that is how I feel today. And sometimes, and this is the worst, is when I come across a pattern very, very similar to something in my head. But now I can't do it because, well, that would be copying wouldn't it. I am annoyed that someone executed where I didn't and succeeded. It's a very selfish and nasty feeling.It's a horrible feeling. And it makes me want to quit. Ugh. I am not a good writer either. I just blog mostly for journaling's sake, but I do love to have followers who read and enjoy my blog. So when I go to blogs that are as old as mine or even younger and they have like 50+ followers and comments out the wazoo, it is a big ego buster.
So there you have it. Whah whah whah. I need some chocolate now, don't you?

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, don't get down! I'm enjoying your blog very much. I love patterns as much as the next gal, but that's not the main reason I read blogs. I just like to see what people are up to. Even if you're doing something that somebody else has already done, you may have your own tip about how to do it better, or you might do it in colors I haven't seen it in before, or you added a border, or whatever. Everybody puts their own spin on things. That's why I have 71 blogs in my Google Reader and it's growing all the time!

    So here's my advice (for what it's worth): If you have a pattern, share it! What's "good enough" mean anyway? :) And to get followers, do you post your photos on Flickr, and upload to some of the quilting groups? That's the best way to get followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you're feeling but don't be discouraged. We all learn through each other's blogs and stories and creativity. You can only continue to grow the more you create. Creativity isn't about being better than someone else. Continue to share and you will continue to grow. I read your blog daily and I enjoy your process. But I often feel the same way you do but I have resolved not to get discouraged, instead I strive to be learn more every day.

    ReplyDelete