About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friday night sew-in recap

I participated in my first Friday Night Sew In last night. I finally finished the Cherry Sweet Road to Ireland top. Those snowball blocks I chose for the border had been plaguing me for weeks! Last night, I had only one border left to make and put on. I got it all put together and it was 1 1/2 inches too short. I had foolishly stretched the border on the opposite side to make it fit so the quilt was all distorted.
Lesson learned.
I unpicked that border and it ended up about the same amount short so I took one more block, sewed it on the top of the right border, trimmed it off, and then used that trimmed off piece to do the same to the other side. It looks okay and I am very grateful to see this top finished. I probably will not do another pieced border. I have to think too much! :)


4 comments:

  1. Wow, A.J.! That looks amazing.

    And you got WAY more done on your Friday night than I did on mine. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job, this looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I can see how that border could be tricky! But the cherry fabric is adorable.

    ReplyDelete