About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Snickerdoodles




These slightly crisp, but still tender and chewy cookies are (in my opinion) the best Snickerdoodle out there.

Snickerdoodles
– Linda B (Amy’s mom)

Preheat oven to 400

In a small bowl mix:
2 TBSP sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Set aside.


1 cup soft shortening
2 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
2 ¾ cups sifted flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp soda

Cream eggs, sugar, and shortening. Sift remaining ingredients together and mix into creamed mixture. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll balls in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place 2” apart on un-greased cookie sheet(or parchment lined cookie sheet).



Bake 8-10 minutes or until tops start to crack and are lightly browned. Cookies will puff in oven, then when cooling will flatten out.



If you prefer them all the way crispy, just bake the full ten minutes. The bigger the cracks are in the cookies, the more crisp they will be.
Also, you should eat them within 24 hours of baking, or refrigerate or freeze them, as they go stale quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment