About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Halloween Decoration

Today I finally used some of my Halloween fat quarters. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with them, so they have been sitting on my chair for at least a month. Probably longer. I had contemplated a quilt, even designed a block and had a sample made in Photoshop and then decided a table runner would be more useful.
So that is what I made today. Thanks to some inspiration from Ryan Walsh's recent Halloween place-mats and The Quilt Asylum's Serpentine quilt, I whipped this out this afternoon during nap-time (with a little bleed over into after-school time.) It was fun and easy to make. I want to do another one to work out a couple of kinks, though.
I started zig-zagging over the seams and then it started looking too country or something so I only did the points.



You can use the tutorial on the sidebar for the Easy Table Runner to make one. If you would like the instructions for the top I can post them tomorrow. (This one is about double the length of the tutorial size.)

*UPDATE 10/07/10 - Tutorial is now on the Tutorials page. Click the "Tutoriasl" tab at the top to view the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment