About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A current project



My 9 year old son had been begging me to use the sewing machine, so we came up with a plan to make a mini quilt for his bear. We started with some scraps from his pillowcase and did a fussy cut of the only whole dragon remaining to use as the center. Then we just started framing him with some scraps. I also grabbed some cheap fats in blue and orange and we added some strips and some corner blocks. Up until the blue and orange, he did all the sewing himself. I cut and did the majority of the ironing, but I did have him do 4 or 5 seams so he would know how. He is doing pretty well.
We'll keep you posted on the progress. It's going to be one wild quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment