About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm back!

I just returned from a family trip, and I am so excited!

Why am I excited?

Because I have new fabric to play with! In each city we stayed in I found a quilt shop (or a shop that sold quilt fabric) and got at least 2 fat quarters to represent where we had been. Most places I got more. Can you blame me? I don't think so!

We went to:

Sisters' Scraps in Amarillo, Texas,


Patchwork Pig in Farmington, New Mexico,


Ace Hardware
in Kanab, Utah,


Gunnison, Utah (bought a representative fabric in Jo-Anne's in Spanish Fork, since there was not a shop there),


Jo-anne's
in Spanish Fork, Utah, (since the closest quilt shop, Gracie Lou's was closed for the holiday.) These were leftovers from a baby quilt I designed and my mom, sisters and I made for my new sister in law's baby shower.


and Southwest Decoratives/Kokopelli Quilting Company in Albuquerque, New Mexico.


This is going to be one crazy quilt.

Here are some of my other favorite buys.
I am not usually a southwest style fan, but this fabric sang to me! I didn't get to have a sample from one of each of the whole line, since I was limiting myself to existing fat quarters. We'll have to see what I can come up with. This is Treasures of the Southwest by J. Michelle Watts for Moda.

No comments:

Post a Comment