About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Backing Sherbet


Last evening was spent sketching and measuring and calculating, trying to figure out a fun backing for Sherbet. I think I probably have enough pink fabric to back the whole thing with maybe a little help from another piece. BUT I don't want a plain old back for my first quilt. So I sketched and threw fabric around the living room for a couple of hours. Here is what I came up with. I am super nervous about posting my sketches online for fear they will be stolen, and someone will somehow make money off them, (which I would love to do myself, but I don't think they are that good) so if you like this, give credit where credit is due please.



There are extra blocks in there that are from my first idea, but I realized I didn't want to go that route and didn't feel like coloring another grid. I am going to make the first cuts today. Let's hope I didn't screw up my calculations.
I am pretty sure it's way over the top for a back. And I will probably make changes as I see how the fabrics come together.
I am anxious to get this quilt done.

I also just remembered I can go pick up my next Buck-a-Block kit today! (Could have Tuesday actually.) YAY!

Also, if anyone cares I print my grid paper from http://www.printfreegraphpaper.com/
If you know of somewhere better, I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment