About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pizza! Pizza!

My go to pizza crust that my whole family loves.
Thanks goes out to the Spanish Fork 18th ward cookbook from 198? and Sister J. Taylor. We use it for garlic bread sticks too, which was it's original intended use.

Fast Bread Sticks:

1 TBSP yeast
2 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1 /2 cups warm water
3 to 4 cups flour

In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar, and salt in water. Slowly add 3 cups of flour to form dough. If sticky add more flour to form a soft dough. Knead 3 minutes. Cover and lest rest 10 minutes. Roll out and cut into strips. Dip in melted butter and twist. Lay on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little garlic salt. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

*Amy's notes: For pizza, I let the dough rise until doubled, then divide in half and roll out to form my pizza crusts. (Sometimes I make one large and 3 small and let the kids dress their own. They really enjoy it.) Let rest for 10-15 minutes and then top. Bake at 375 for 18 -20 minutes. You can brown the cheese a bit by turning on your broiler for the last minute or so, but watch it carefully to avoid burning.

To top my pizzas I do sauce, a light sprinkle of sugar, then a little mozzarella, a little Parmesan cheese, a little garlic salt, toppings and then more mozzarella. For cheese pizza I mix together in a bowl: Parmesan, Colby-Jack and mozzarella and top with some parsley and garlic salt. I nearly always sugar jarred sauce either by mixing it in or sprinkling it on the sauce if I remember too late. I hate acidic sauces and the little bit of sugar helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment