About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chocolate Cookies

We tried a new cookie recipe , that I had intended to make for the Christmas cookie exchange. I found it here (Food Network).

Extreme Brownie Cookies



These are pretty good, as chocolate cookies go. They are super chocolatey. One or two and I am chocolated out, and that is saying something. They were also a little more labor intensive than I like for a cookie. I won't be making these very often for that reason. I didn't put the nuts in, and I had some leftover white chocolate chips that I used instead that ended up tasting terrible to me, so after the first batch I took them out (don't ask).
I did enjoy the dough. It was like eating fudge.

They were soft and definitely brownie-like inside. The first and second batches spread more than the last batch (the photo is the last batch) so the cookies were smaller even though the rolled balls were the same size. I put the dough back in the fridge between batches so it would stay firm for rolling.

I would give these 4 out of 5 stars, since I didn't like the process, but the end result was worth coming back for seconds (with a sizable glass of milk to wash it down).

No comments:

Post a Comment