About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Block of the Month: Buck a Block #3

I finished my block for May today and even though I had to rip out seams again I LOVE IT! The seam ripping was due to my sewing four squares wrong side up, and one seam was sewn crooked. I also started in on my sashing. I had cut all my strips a week or 2 ago, and had yet to make another cut, so I pinned up two blocks with paper to be sewn and cut. (We are using Thangles, remember and for the sashing blocks they are the 2" ones. The monthly blocks are 2.25")

Here is my finished block.



I may use this block pattern for the blocks around a t-shirt quilt block. Saturday we helped out at the Angleman Syndrome Foundation Walk and I wanted to make a memory quilt for my friend who was in charge of it(It was her first time organizing the walk). They had one extra large t-shirt leftover and she said I could have it so I am making her a little quilt. Eventually. I already have about 5 quilts in various stages. :)

I am still looking for just the right quilt layout for my daughter's Cherry quilt. And I think I still need to find the right pink fabric for it. I have 3 reds, 3 Greens, 3 pinks (one reads more as a red though) and 3 whites. I am not sure what to do with them. If anyone has an idea, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment