About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, May 14, 2010

Apple Blackberry Cobbler

The cobbler was not a hit. The kids wouldn't eat it and even my husband just sort of picked at it and he made it.
My take was that it had too little fruit( it needed at least 2 more cups of apples) and I didn't care for the crust, but I sort of expected that since I didn't care for that one the last time I had it. It has an odd texture that I don't like.
This one will be a work in progress.

Here is the cobbler recipe more or less as my husband made it, substituting my filling for the canned.

EASY DUTCH OVEN COBBLER
1 white cake mix
1 12 ounce can of Sprite or 7-Up
2 cans fruit pie filling (we like blueberry)

Note: This cobbler is prepared in a camp-style cast iron Dutch oven which has a lid with a lip so that hot coals may be set on top of the pan. A quick and easily prepared outdoor recipe for barbecues, picnics and camping trips!

Pour fruit pie filling into a 6 quart Dutch oven. In a separate bowl, mix soda with cake mix. Batter will be lumpy. Pour over top of pie filling.

Bake with 20 coals on top and 10 on bottom until cake is golden color. Serve hot.

Wonderful served alone or with vanilla ice cream. Recipe can easily be doubled for 12 quart Dutch ovens.

Submitted by: Shiloh


Here is my recipe for Easy Peach Cobbler that I will try the leftover filling with.

Easy Peach Cobbler

1 yellow cake mix (white works too), divided
2 large cans of peaches in light syrup
4 Tbsp brown sugar
2-3 Tbsp cinnamon
½ cup butter, cold, divided

Preheat oven to 400. Lightly spray/grease 9x13 glass baking pan.
Pour peaches into baking pan. Top with half of the dry cake mix. Cut up half the butter into about ½ tablespoon pats, place all over the mix. In a medium sized bowl, combine remaining cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon (you can do the cinnamon to taste, even leave it out.). With pastry cutter, cut in remaining butter until coarse crumbs are formed. Spread over contents of the pan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool about 10 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment