About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Block of the Month: Buck a Block - #1



I will be making my second quilt by doing a Block of the Month Buck a Block through a local quilt shop(see my sidebar). I took my supplies with me to Utah to get some more training from more experienced quilters, my mom and sisters. My local tutor, my wonderful Mother-in-Law usually helps me, but it was getting down to the wire so I decided to take my block to Utah with me in case we had some free time. Anyway, I had lessons in seam setting and seam kissing and figured out with some of my mom's scraps how to use my Thangles to make my block. I left with my block pinned to Thangles and partially cut. I finished my first block. It's not too bad for my first solo block. A lot of the seams don't match up and some of the points are missing, so don't look too hard. It is a good learning process for me. All in all, I am pretty happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment